View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #26
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieCanadian View Post
Thanks Javi... as much as that is bad news.... I appreciate your experience and recommendations.

Did you ever take this issue up with Ford? I ask, because I sold a RAM 1500 for this F150, and the RAM did not show a single issue. It was solid as a rock when towing the same trailer with the exact same hitch and everything....

Honestly, I feel like I am owed a refund from Ford.
I understand, I didn't buy mine with the intention of pulling a trailer. I though I was done with pulling. Up until then I had owned or driven Dodge diesel duallys for both work and personal travel. I drove an average of 100,000 miles a year, most of it pulling 10K plus trailers.

When I retired from the fertilizer business I thought my days of pulling anything more than a small boat were over. My wife was adamantly against a camping trailer and camping. Although when younger we camped occasionally and I had worked as a mechanic in the RV industry for several years and had the use of pretty much any used motor home or trailer I wanted.

The F150 was bought to haul the 3 grandkids around, little did I know that she'd decide on the spur of the moment that we needed a camping trailer and that it had to be 30 foot long....

I had misgivings from the get go on the size of the trailer and the F150 but Ford and the trailer dealer, not to mention many of the internet experts told me that it would be no problem... In my excitement that the wife WANTED a trailer I quashed my misgivings and bought the trailer.

I really can't blame anyone but myself, I knew better and let myself believe the internet hype and experts despite my gut feelings.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote