View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #6
AussieCanadian

Thanks a lot, Jager.

I totally agree... I would NEVER pull anywhere close to 9,300lbs with this (or any) 1/2 ton. I was very conscious of this when trailer shopping, and we stayed within our limits (on paper at least). I am actually a little mad at myself that I traded our RAM 1500 (lease was up) as that truck was setup by the dealer when we bought our trailer, and felt VERY stable when towing.... now with our new TV, I seem to have a setup that is quite a handful, and has really detracted from our towing (& camping) experience - hence why we need to fix it!

So our trailer is 4,520 dry, and loaded is around 5,800 (that includes batteries, propane, water tanks full, camping gear etc). I take you point, and it's a good one, that I should add weight to the rear of the truck, and/or front of the camper. I will try this next time we head out and see what difference it makes.

I have dropped my ball height 1" (using a new deep drop shank) so I should be able to tighten up the WD bars more next time I head out. Should that improve things do you think? I am also considering upgrading my wheels from the 17" (and P tires) to 18" wheels with LT rated tires.... any thoughts on that?

Thanks again!
AussieCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote