View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
AussieCanadian

Thanks for your input Javi.

I'm seriously hoping that this issue is not that i'm hitting the F150's high end limit for towing.... if that's the case, and from what you describe, it's new truck, which we simply cannot afford right now...

Right now I am very confused, as our new XLT SCrew 4x4 has a higher GCWR rating than our previous TV. Specifically, the F150 is rated for 15,100lbs GCWR, and has a 9,300lbs tow rating, compared to 14,000lbs GCWR and 8,000lbs tow rating on our previous 1/2 ton (RAM 1500 4x4 Crew). If Ford really is lying about the TRUE capabilities of their trucks, and what I felt (rear end waggle) is evidence (note - i NEVER had this issue with our RAM - it was solid as a rock, even when passing semis and in high winds), then I want my money back on this F150! Maybe I need to take it up with Ford, but I need to do something as the truck feels very unsafe towing our trailer... there is no way I could tow more than about 100km - it feels that bad.

Any other F150 owners with similar issues? I was really hoping that the tires could have been the issue.... should I post this in the 'TOWING' section perhaps?
AussieCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote