View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #11
gvansickle1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvansickle1 View Post
I'm a relative noob when it comes to TT's but I did notice that with my boat that my deep cycle seemed to self-discharge far more quickly here in TX than ever previously experienced (TN, AL, MI). Don't know the cause as I pulled my battery and brought it home after every use but believe that its got to have something to do with the ambient temperature; stored ours in the garage between uses. We typically were on the lake every week, every other week...
So, as I've indicated, we're relatively new to TT's; rented a few before buying our Laredo. Loving it so far, no big issues but we are learning. Determined that we have a power drain even with all of the breakers off. Thought it a bit odd that the various detectors and the Entertainment Center still had power (stand-by) but wasn't overly concerned as we'd turned off the breakers. Been to the trailer a couple of time the past two weeks to do a few minor things; torque the lugs, check tire pressure, hang the new plates, etc. First time I attempted to do anything inside, turned on the lights and, nothing. No problem, had the charger with me, threw it on while I did other things. Checked voltage before leaving, good to go. Bugged me so I ran back the next day and sure enough, voltage was down. Now thinking about installing a solar trickle charger. Looks like I'll pull the battery after each use until. Anyone else experience this? Water level is fine! Battery test good and charges with no problems? Seems to be just a ghost drain! Thoughts? Recommendations?