View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
But if I hook the TV to cable in the house and leave it there all day it never turns off so it's not the TV.
So the problem to me is something is interrupting the signal to the main TV when other things are running. Also turning on the coffee pot will kick it off too.
I even plugged a surge protector in to see what happens and it's still the same.
I'm going to swap the cable cord today and see if that makes a difference.
Also here's another thing that I didn't know. D says that this happpens more during the day then at night.
Active thread so excuse me if I post something and is duplicate to a previous post , by the time I type my comments and submit many other posts could be coming in. NOW

From what I understand we are working with two TV's one 12VDC only in bedroom and another TC powered by 120VAC. if correct can not switch TV'S (different power). Usually one in bedroom is 12VDC and plugged into this multifunction plate (coaxial plug, antenna power switch (on/off for antenna booster), and a 12VDC outlet) I assume your 12VDC TV's coaxial input and 12VDC power is connected to this same location. If this is how it is connected if these other devices (WH, Furnace, etc) would effect the power to the antenna and therefore possibly overall signal strength, I would expect to see also a change in that 12VDC TV plugged into it. Some of the latter TV's will go black (in your terms off) and put a message on the screen either "NO SIGNAL?INPUT" or "WEAK SIGNAL" Hope this helps I will be following this thread for more updated clues.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote