View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 06:39 AM   #12
Funny1

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Your shower should drain just as well with the Hepvo as it would with a P trap.
If you check you may have one at the kitchen sink &/or the bath lavatory. They're used typically in rvs & modular homes where there's no space for a P trap.
I only have the Hepvo under the shower. The bath sink and kitchen sink both have the P-trap. I see no reason to modify them as it won't give me much more storage space. From what I read it's common for people to switch to the Hepvo is when they don't use the shower in the RV and the P-trap will dry up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
I have the same floor cutout under my drain (it is a standard p-trap). Typical with RV manufacturers where nothing is precise, all openings tend to be much larger than necessary. At least yours has the Darco covering in place, mine was a big open hole to the underbelly space. I had the Coroplast opened for some other work at one point and screwed a piece of plywood over the hole from underneath. We don’t camp in cold weather so I am not worried about the lack of floor insulation in that area. The floor doesn’t have much R-value in the first place, especially considering all the other holes and openings.
We may camp in cold weather otherwise it's stored on my driveway so I will throw some insulation in there and cover it up with a thin sheet of ply I have laying around.
2005 VW Touareg V8
2008 VW EOS
1998 Porsche 993 S
Funny1 is offline   Reply With Quote