View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 11:41 AM   #8
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
I know lots of state and federal campgrounds only have 6 months in advance window.
Luckily that didn't come into play this year.
Most of our spots are at private RV parks, but not all.
We have done that 6 months pounce before on prime spots, amazing how many people stay awake till 12.01 AM to take it away from me, ARG.

I noticed this year Oregon will tack on another 25% to outsiders at their state campgrounds, bummer, they have some nice ones.

This spot here is a 6-day spot of a 2-week Oregon coast jaunt, where we can't wait to see our view from spot #18

https://www.sealrocksrv.com/

Thinking about even going out on a charter boat to catch some fresh rockfish for dinner. A bit pricey at 100 bucks for a 5-8 hour trip, but wife said "Heck yes, let's do it" and tack on another 21 bucks for a 1 day license too, arg.
$100 bucks is CHEAP …private charters around here are like $800 -$1200 and offshore is in the thousands…Head boats are much much less but your fishing with 30 or more people…i’m not a fan of those at all…but some people are quite happy to get out on a boat

my son has his captains license and guide license and used to do charters but too busy lately with regular work

we used to do a family thanksgiving fishing trip but he is in the south pacific at the moment and the boats are on the hard