View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 04:49 AM   #2
dutchmensport

We had a similar situation a few years ago. We took the camper in to the dealership repair shop for an item. It was still warm weather, never thought anything about it. They had the camper longer than expected, and weather started turning cold. I was concerned about winterizing when temps started dropping.

I contacted them and asked them about winterizing. Of course they were going to charge for that. I asked them if I could come by and do it myself. The trailer was sitting on their lot, parked beside a hundred other campers waiting for service too. They said it would be no problem. So, I brought everything I needed and winterized on their lot. (I did the pink stuff).

After that experience, I always made sure I had a good handle on the worst case scenario regarding how long the shop may hold my camper. And if it's getting into cold weather, I make sure it's winterized before taking it in now.

Mine is in the shop right now, waiting for bearing repacking, and a couple other items I don't want to tackle myself, since it's in the shop anyway. It's winterized. I winterized early this year, earlier than normal, but I also knew I had the appointment with the shop coming up and no plans for hitting the road too soon. So I went ahead and winterized when it was still 60 degrees. (First time ever I did it that early). But glad I did. It turned cold fast after that and now, don't have to worry how long the shop has the camper (especially between now and until December 31. Come January 1, we'll probably hit the road again. )