View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 02:41 PM   #22
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max23 View Post
Yeah, I thought of that as well. Doesn't seem like they are doing a whole lot for the $190 bucks. However, if I'm inspecting them and one dies for one reason or another, I pay to replace it. If they are doing the inspection and one dies for one reason or another, its on them to replace. Now, again, being new, I don't know how often these things cause problems or what it costs to replace them. So, still could be a waste of money. Thanks for the point of view, thats what I'm after!!
I would agree! Read the fine print very very closely!
If I were to bet on that $190 inspection it would be that that's ALL it is. Someone will walk through & hopefully turn EVERYTHING on then put a check on that items box on their list, yep it worked. If a week later it doesn't work, well they have proof it worked last week & repairs will be $XXXX.
Shoot for $190 I'll come by & turn stuff on for you!
If that annual inspection gives you peace of mind then keep it, but $190 annually will buy a lot of roof caulk which is about the only real maintenance item, really should be inspected & recaulked if needed more than once a year.
If you have a friend, neighbor, or fellow rver with experience packing bearings & inspecting brakes that's the other maintenance that should be done. After a couple times you should be able to do it.
As been said numerous times if your not somewhat of a handyman, have a few tools & willing to do it yourself then your rv will be spending lots of time at a repair facility & you won't enjoy the rv lifestyle.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote