View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
loknload

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsws6 View Post
Im assuming you have the v6 right? Its hard to really say but it could be that your not used to hauling that kind of load on that truck. You might need to put a more heavy duty bump stops in to help with control. Does your rear sag under the wieght? If it sags alot then there may not be enough wieght on your front axles which might give you a floating feeling? And no matter what tv you have when the wind hits it from the side its gonna move ya.
I do have the 4 liter V6. I also have a small lift on the truck with a fourth leaf added so the leaf pack is more stiff than stock. Without the WD hitch it sags a bit but with it the truck and trailer are totally level. I may need to measure the distance from ground to fenderwell with and without the TT hooked up and see if the distance is further (front end is higher) with it hooked up and maybe make some adjustments there if needed. This trailer should be well within the Tacoma's stated capabilities for tow capacity and total weight of both TV and TT. I know I'm probably close on the 650 pound tongue weight capacity and probably the payload capacity of the truck. All in all, it's like I thought. I need to get used to towing with my Tacoma. The only other thing I've towed with it is a two bike motorcycle trailer with a couple of road race bikes on it that probably only weighed a couple thousand pounds total. All of the other pulling I've ever done (farm implements and large cargo trailers) have been with 1/2 or 3/4 ton trucks. Thank you very much for your reply.
loknload is offline   Reply With Quote