View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 07:59 AM   #1
Weldon

Made it to Jekyll Island, but it was ugly

Made the trip from Atlanta to Jekyll yesterday, but the bands of the tropical storm were not very nice along the way. Random 55 mph southwest to northeast wind gusts and pouring rain. At one point i was going 40 mph on 95 South. Several 5'ers with 350 duallys were right there with me with flashers on and randomly getting pushed 2-3 feet right or left with the wind gusts. Thankfully, the storm is not reaching here until the end of the week, possibly the weekend. We leave Sat morning, so we may be able to avoid duplicating the effort it took to get here.

The pics show our setup and my "office" today and tomorrow. I have a few work things that I have to get done like my monthly 1:1 meeting with our Corp Controller/EVP. My early bird son woke up before I started eggs & cheese, hashbrowns with onions, bacon, sausage, and biscuits this morning. The Mrs. bought me a cover and travel bag for the Blackstone for dad's day, which was awesome. My family eats any and everything that's cooked on the griddle.

By 9:30 am, my 8-yr old met up with another 10 random kids we've never met, riding bikes all over the campground and playing basketball.

Nothing special to report. We love this place, and come annually. It's well worth the trip if you like non-hectic, non-crowded, non-loud camping spots near the beach. Quiet time is actually quiet here. No campers are to our left or right, but we do have a family behind us. However, they have 2 boys that are 8 and 10, so it works out perfectly.

On a random note, this minivan has a trailer hitch attached and a Grey Wolf TT. No WDH that I can see. I can't assume that this is the TV, although between 5pm yesterday and now, I have not seen a truck. They aren't our exact neighbords, but are fairly close. Not inquiring about it seems wrong to me, but I don't want to be an arse either. How do you suggest I let them know I'm just concerned for them an everyone else on the roads? For all I know, they could be the camp supervisor and they live in it full-time and the TV is at their home near here. I don't think this is the case; you can normally tell who permanently resides in their TT. I don't see how the back bumper and tongue wouldn't be a fireworks display going down the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210621_082301.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	34195   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210621_082341 (002).jpg
Views:	150
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	34196   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210621_082353 (002).jpg
Views:	133