View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #11
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
Drain the hose, only takes a few seconds. there may be a little left, shouldn't be that much. Also, next time your going to use it, put a tablespoon of bleach with a cup of water in the hoset, screw the ends together and rinse it through the hose. I usually make it into a looped/ circular bundle , and rotate the circle of hose around about 4 times, Sanitizes it, and then hook up to a faucet and flush it out good before filling tank, or hooking up to 'city water' connection. Water will taste fresher, and you know there won't be any/many germ-ies. Unfortunately, even a few drops of water will cause algae and/or mildew to grow, which the bleach also gets rid of from the hose.
Agreed - currently, we store our FW hoses in a sealed plastic tub and we do drain the hose before we connect the ends and store. I was referring to the water that would remain trapped in the hose if 50ft of hose were being stored on a hose real. I suppose one could pull the hose completely out, drain and then rewind. Seems like more trouble than storing the hoses in the tub. Everytime I think about mounting a hose real, I talk myself out of it

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote