View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 03:39 AM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErraticAKn View Post
Hey All,

Hoping to get some info. I'm up at work (north slope) for a few more weeks and was hoping to get bulb types in the Hideout so that I could find and order the LED replacements.

Looking at the ceiling lights mostly - but if someone has the slide-out wall mounted fixture bulb info and the bulb used in the fixture above the dinette that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Have a great weekend

Dan
Most of the lights are probably 921's. The bulb on the right in this pic is a 921. It's about an inch or so long. The bulb on the left is a 194 which is commonly used in clearance lights on the outside of the trailer.

The 921 is a T-10 or miniature wedge base. It draws 1.41 amps and puts out 21 candle power. It also is rated at 264 lumens. You want to find a comparable LED that puts out nearly the same lumens or you will be disappointed with it. Most folks pick warm white over bright white, but that's a personal preference.

Other bulbs commonly found will have a metal bayonet base. The number should be stamped on the base. In my Cougar, some chandelier lights are 1141's. They are rated the same as the 921's.

Without knowing what type of fixtures you have, it's not real easy to determine the bulb type. You pretty much have to see the bulb itself.

Ceiling fixtures like this generally use 921's:

In this case, the flat adhesive panel 921 replacements work exceedingly well:

Open lights like this chandelier over my dining table need a LED that is shaped more like a traditional bulb:

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote