View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 05:57 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

^^^^ X3...

READ (not just glance at) your Keystone warranty located in the Owner's Manual. First, you're no longer covered by the one year warranty and "yellow spots" is not a structural problem, but a "cosmetic problem" and is not covered by the warranty.

ANYTHING that Keystone or the dealership might do, at this point, is strictly a "good will gesture" and not a "warranty requirement". Trust me when I suggest that THOR (Keystone's parent corporation) has more lawyers on staff than you'll ever be able to afford and they are paid to protect the company from "nuisance lawsuits". Keystone's very first "maneuver" will be to completely stop talking to you and they will direct the dealership to also stop talking to you. They will "deliver your RV to you with a legal notice saying something along the lines of: "take it home, don't come back, we'll see you in court, direct all future correspondence to our lawyers at <THOR legal address>. It'll take several years to reach a settlement, probably cost you 5 or 10 times the value of the RV and in the end, "IF" you win the case, there's no guarantee that the court will award damages to you to pay for your legal expenses.

Yeah, I know that sounds harsh, but it's reality. Jim has given some excellent advice on how to paint over the rust stains along the ceiling of your RV. I'd suggest that you have one of two options:

1. Fix it and go enjoy your retirement plans
2. Sell it and decide what to do to enjoy your retirement.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote