View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 07:48 AM   #13
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
Finally...been RVing for long time. Started with Popup, then hybrid, then back to a popup (we like to dry camp in Colorado). Now a new 2021 23MLS. Tow vehicle is slightly used 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD. Installed a B&W hitch. Plan to hit the road for several weeks at a time.

I love this "short" 5th Wheel. I'd make 1 tiny design change if it was me...but alas, like all campers can't get everything. This is our first Diesel and 5th Wheel!...so lots of learning.

I'm working on now is upgrading batteries and adding an inverter myself. The cost from dealer was simply too high. Looking at adding 4x100Ah batteries, 2000 watt inverter, etc...someday will add Solar. So glad they added the inverter pre-wiring. I haven't figured out the solar pre-wiring. I'll be posting some chats about these.

Next up...need to find the right boat to tow behind it! Overall length now (~43 feet) we should be able to tow just about any ~17ft bass boat and stay on the 65 foot limit and easy weight limits, even at altitude. Anyone with experience tandem towing? 5th wheel is pre-rigged for it. (and if boat is black it will all match ;-)
Like others have mentioned, I would look at 6 volt golf cart batteries. Way more amp hours. You can probably get 400+ amp hour out of two 6 volt batteries. Remember, you should not discharge more than 50% of the rating, so 4 100 ah 12 volt batteries will only give you 200 ah of usable power. Happy camping!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote