View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 09:56 AM   #21
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I noticed that same comment and asked myself, "If it left his dealership with that many problems, what did his PDI guy do other than lunch and coffee breaks?" If it came back with 40 problems, it should NEVER have left the dealership the first time.....
You highlight the need to find a good dealer to deal with and how much of a difference they make. My dealer just sent a brand new Montana back to the factory and refused to take delivery because they found so many issues that would have to be fixed under warranty. They barely get paid enough under their warranty repair agreement to break even. He said they inspect every RV that is delivered before they accept delivery. If warranty repairs are needed, they try to get them done before they put it up for sale. If there are to many, they send them back to the manufacturer because it’s just not worth them doing the repairs. If more dealers would do that maybe the manufacturers would do better QC. This dealer would rather not sell a bad unit than have an irate customer and lose this customer forever, along with their family and friends.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote