Thread: Cougar 29BHS
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 03:36 AM   #22
Doubletaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie1 View Post
Hi. I am purchasing a 2021 Cougar 29BHS. Any tips and pointers that anyone has will be most appreciated. What things to look for and definitely what things not to do. I will also be pulling it with a 2020 F150 King Ranch. Thanks in advance!

Get an extended warranty. Even if you can repair things yourself. once you're out on the road for 'the long haul' as Keystone RV would claim, you'll be long hauling it to get it repaired!!! My warranty included food and hotel expense.
Grease the wheel bearings as I found out they are not well greased from the factory. Had mine go bad on my Keystone 240URS within 1 1/2 years and within 4,000 miles. They have not warranted it.

Write down every little thing that comes apart, breaks or leaks on your Keystone camper while under the 12 month warranty. Such as stitching coming apart from the upholstery, trim coming loose, pin holes in the awning, leaking window seals etc. Make sure it gets rained on and wash it often before the 12 months to discover the leaks around the windows. You might as well reseal them! Once the 12 months warranty is over good luck with dealing with Keystone RV.

~doubletaper.
Doubletaper is offline   Reply With Quote