Thread: wiring diagram
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 09:08 AM   #7
BookPaul74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Standardized color coding started in 2016 with the model year 2017 trailers. Prior to that, there was "some fashion of color coding" on some trailers, but nothing leaving the factory had any "customer guides for wire colors".

As an example, on my 2014 Cougar XLite, at the 7 pin umbilical, the left brake/turn signal is green, the right brake/turn is yellow and the running/tail light is brown for both sides.

At the actual lights on the rear of the trailer, the left brake/turn is black, the running/tail is brown and the ground is black. The right brake/turn is red, the running/tail is orange and the ground is white.

The license light (should be the same as the running/tail wiring) is blue.

So much for anything being "standardized" on my 2014.
I have a 2014 Cougar 337fls and have started to chase some of the wiring for the remote control. I can see on the top of the slides the color for the motors but need to confirm if it is going to the control panel in the hall first and if the same color is going to the relay panel underneath the vanity.

I’m still trying to get the landing gear to work on the remote but it’s not a high priority since the switch on front still work.
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote