View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 07:39 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Did you read the thread I linked? That was talking about using the rear "bumper" but the general takeaway is that anything attached in the back of a trailer is going to be subjected to terrible punishment and, like many things on an RV, they were never engineered for that regardless of what they put on there from the "factory". I've seen many, many of those flat fold down carriers tilted and wobbling with anything and everything on them.

Also, for a couple of years or so it was a fad with Keystone to put those folding bike carriers on the back of some of the RVs.....for a couple of years or so. Just from looking at recent model years they have done away with them (and bumpers) and started using a receiver from what I can tell/have seen. Why? Because neither were built for what folks tried to use them for....they were just too weak and problematic (my assessment).

Reading through the brochures for the models with the folding rack I have seen 225lbs. as the max load. Then again, there's a reason you don't see them anymore and there's a receiver instead.......
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote