View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 10:09 AM   #6
ElJeffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
Welcome! and congrats on the upgrade, once you tow a 5th wheel you'll never go back to the bumper

Inverter without Solar is like a cake without frosting. You would be amazed at how fast you can drain 400amp hrs w/o solar. I'd also suggest looking into going with two 6v instead of 4 12v batteries. You'll get more amp hrs and better lifecycle for off grid use.
I'm already surprised compared to my TT & Popup. Have 2x105Ah AGM on popup, and can run for days dry camping. The new 23MLS has single lead-acid tiny battery. And "12v ONLY" refrigerator...no option for AC or gas. So, I think its killing battery pretty fast. (We kept the popup for off-road dispersed mountain camping).

5th wheel is for more road trips. The idea behind 4x100ah was to give us power on road while moving between campsites with power. I'll look into 6v vs 12v again...but everything I've seen its the same AH either way. I'll likely have generator and solar eventually, as we much prefer boondocking. Generator for A/C when needed. One system at a time!

Just dug into the thing yesterday and today, and realized I was given miss information by multiple Keystone Service people and sales. The converter charger needs to be replaced for Lithium. There is no way to switch the voltage for lithium...errrrrr.
ElJeffe is offline   Reply With Quote