View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #19
cookinwitdiesel

Thanks for the help guys! I got the needed parts and everything went together and worked like a charm. Pics attached. I still need to get an adapter or something so that I can poor some antifreeze down the city water hookup and the black tank flush. They both have the little mesh cone so I couldn't just stick a funnel in there like I was originally planning. The bypass valve actually angles up a little when reinserted into the pump so that should help prevent bleeding back into the fresh water tank. Also, doesn't the pump have a built-in backflow prevention mechanism? Otherwise it would not be able to hold pressure in the lines.

For the low point drains, I ran them until no dripping for the initial emptying of the system, I assume at that point they would fill with antifreeze and be protected as I run it for the rest of the system? They are literally the low point so any air will rise elsewhere (and eventually be pushed out a faucet) leaving just antifreeze in there? No outside spray port but I did run both hot and cold on the outdoor shower.

I have a question about the hot water heater bypass, I have a single valve on the cold line to divert flow up to the hot line and not into the tank. Is there something in the design of the water heater that keeps antifreeze from flowing back into the tank through the hot line as that appears to be possible in my camper. Picture attached.

On an unrelated note, the build quality on these trailers leaves so much to be desired. I had spare pieces of wire loose under the cabinet along with a LOT of saw dust everywhere. They didn't even try to clean up after themselves in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bypass valve 1.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	19061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bypass valve 2.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	19062   Click image for larger version

Name:	water heater.jpg
Views:	782