View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawildbear View Post
Wish I'd seen this post and forum before I had to figure this all out by myself. Just a couple of suggestions for your guide though.

2nd, in step 12 you say, "12. Using the hand pump, instill an adequate amount of anti-freeze into the city water connection to fill the hose. (Usually about one or two cups) This will allow antifreeze to get to the check valve."

We don't have a hand pump. Instead while the suction hose is in the jug of antifreeze, we go to the city water connection and pry out the little domed washer/screen thingy and then push in the little white button until the pink flies out. Your legs might end up a little winterized as well but that's ok.
Be careful doing that. If you push in that "little white button" and dislodge the O-ring that's installed on it, you'll be buying a new backflow valve (or replacing the city water inlet). Without that O-ring in place, when you turn on the water pump, all of your water will flow through the leaking backflow valve and out the city water port. That's why I "omitted that shortcut". It's quite likely to be a bigger problem than it is a "shortcut"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote