View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 03:52 AM   #89
notanlines

Dirk, I read your "I feel safe with my set-up and definitely don’t need to justify it in this forum" with just a touch of concern. You list being an engineer by trade. My degree is in engineering, although after 4 years out of college I never worked in the field again. I don't think your general attitude regarding the weights, nor your insistence that 'My mind's made up. Don't confuse me with the facts' would set very well in most classrooms.
Humor us by taking your rig over the CAT scales and posting the results with your yellow sticker here. Let's have a discussion then, one where we all have a smile on our face, and then you'll know where you stand.
The majority of members here towing large RV's won't even get into a discussion of truck brands beyond the big three because they don't consider Toyota 'worthy.' And Nissan is unheard of. What is important is if you are going to tow overloaded you should be aware of just how far past safe you are so you can react accordingly.
I've spoken in the past of an individual in our present RV park in Wisconsin who pulls a monster'Seismic' toy hauler with an F250 diesel. I talked a little with him about three years ago just in vague terms about how he is way into dually territory. I then had to be schooled by him (me with a 350 dually) what a beast he had. All Bilsteins, air bags, on and on with his happy crap.
Guess what he shows with this year? Yup, a new Ford F250 Platinum. Go figure.
Now that I'm done rambling, just weigh the thing and lets go from there.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote