Thread: Balance beads
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #48
Bill-2020

John- I'm glad you have better feelings about the 4 oz of weights. I'm going to throw a $20 at this wheel and have them rotate the tire 180 degrees in the morning. This is worth the knowledge to me now. The tires are sadly Trailer Kings and the wheel is YUAN CHEN - China, it says on the inside. 2200 max load. 14" - 5 Lug. I've been looking for different wheels (perhaps 15"), these are just ugly to me and too sporty. I can't find an aluminum wheel that has a matching 2200 load capacity. Everything I see is 1900. If I was able to find the right wheel, it was my thought to put a set of GY Endurance on them. Then sell these as a set to help offset the costs.

Chuck, Marshall - I watched the manager rebalance the wheel. It told him to use the 16 1/4oz stick-down weights. Two rows next to each other. On another wheel it only needed 1 1/4oz, and the machine to him to put it on the lip of the inside of the wheel (old school weight). I questioned why two different type weights in different locations on those two wheels. It was where the weight was needed, either outboard or inboard of the wheel's center line. We'll see how this wheel rebalances after the tire is spun 180 degrees. Stay tuned...
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote