Thread: Balance beads
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 05:36 AM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Yes I use them with TPMS on RV... nothing internal inside the wheel for that system.

Regardless... the amount of weight the OP is reporting on one tire to balance it indicates There is a problem either with the tire, the wheel, and or the way the tire was mounted to the wheel

At the very least the shop should remove all the weights, unmount that tire and remount tire rotated 180 degrees and balance...

If it still needs that much weight they’d be putting on a completely new tire if it was my RV
^^^ What he said. Tires are "normally slightly off balance" they are not "almost a pound off balance" There may be something wrong with the wheel, there may be something wrong with the tire, it may be that the tire is mounted with the "heavy part next to the wheel's heavy part (and rotating the tire 180* on the wheel will fix it), it may be that something inside the tire "separated and is rolled up in one spot...

As a "far fetched possibility" it may be that the person mounting the tire to the wheel (before it was shipped to Keystone) may have "lost a wrench" and you found it …. Or at least, you have it and don't yet know it.....

Something's "off kilter" with that tire/wheel combination. I wouldn't tow my trailer with that tire on the ground.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote