Thread: Recent Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 06:10 PM   #28
aaron_huber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Again, when every person that gets sick from anything is promoted as Covid, when hospitals are paid to have "Covid", when certain factions of the government "want" the Covid numbers to skyrocket....yep, I have a filter for that "info".
There are obviously going to be cases where someone will have a motive for saying a person died of the virus when it was something else, and profit is always a big motive if there is extra money in it for the hospitals or insurance companies. But I think there is enough evidence to say it's a simple fact that all of a sudden far more people are dying than normally would be given the strangely consistent rate that people tend to die in our country:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Assuming you are correct and some or most of the "COVID" deaths are really something else, wouldn't it be a bit of a coincidence for all other causes of death to just spike all of a sudden? Especially considering that some causes of death have probably dropped recently, like less car crashes because fewer people are driving all of a sudden?

It all boils down to what you consider reasonable which is by nature a subjective thing. I think we both agree on two things: so far it hasn't been as bad as some early predictions, and the odds of bumping into someone who is infected for most people are clearly very low.

Based on my personal research, I think those things are true because of social distancing, and I'm concerned that if we start up too quickly we'll cause them to no longer be true. On the other hand, you could be right that it's true because the virus really is not a big deal.

The simple truth for me is that if it makes it less likely that I'll pass on the virus to my family and friends, especially if I'm infected and don't know it like that poor person from the choir who probably feels pretty bad, then I'm OK wearing a mask when I go out, and sticking at home when I can.