Thread: Inverter Prep?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 12:36 PM   #38
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwils1 View Post
I've always used Xantrex inverters in the past and I still have a Prosine 1,800 watt model in my garage. I like the availability of a built-in transfer switch. The trailer I'm considering has two "inverter prep" setups and the unit I looked at had a Xantrex Freedom X 2,000 watt model already installed. I couldn't really get a good look at the wiring, but my biggest question is if the "prep" is just a Romex loop, where does it start and where does it end? Is there a subpanel somewhere? The trailer has a 50 amp main panel, with (I'm assuming) two 120 volt hot leads, L1 and L2, neutral and ground leads. There's only one breaker in the panel marked "inverter". Inverted circuits need an "in" and an "out" with a transfer switch that sends power to selected circuits when shore (or generator) power isn't available. Any ideas?
That inverter look is most likely the circuit that is labeled inverter and the loop is prior to the first outlet in the circuit. But you said that there is already an inverter installed? I take it may be a used trailer and the original owner may have done something else so one of the other circuits is used, but not labelled?
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote