Thread: Inverter Prep?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 12:22 PM   #37
kwils1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxnbbl View Post
I can tell you the Xantrex XC (inverter/charger) can not have the charger disabled. This will result in the cooling fan being active when it gets warm enough...even though you are not using the inverter (you're plugged into shore power).

Xantrex does inverters with the transfer switch build in.
I've always used Xantrex inverters in the past and I still have a Prosine 1,800 watt model in my garage. I like the availability of a built-in transfer switch. The trailer I'm considering has two "inverter prep" setups and the unit I looked at had a Xantrex Freedom X 2,000 watt model already installed. I couldn't really get a good look at the wiring, but my biggest question is if the "prep" is just a Romex loop, where does it start and where does it end? Is there a subpanel somewhere? The trailer has a 50 amp main panel, with (I'm assuming) two 120 volt hot leads, L1 and L2, neutral and ground leads. There's only one breaker in the panel marked "inverter". Inverted circuits need an "in" and an "out" with a transfer switch that sends power to selected circuits when shore (or generator) power isn't available. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230416_141655.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	43637  
kwils1 is offline   Reply With Quote