Thread: Inverter Prep?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 02:18 PM   #33
kwils1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michmark View Post
For the inverter prep wire, does the non-load side go to the junction or giggy box?

Running the inverter from the batteries is not my mind block, how does the giggy box get powered or the batteries get recharged that way? I can re-route the solar controller inside the compartment, that is not a problem but I understood the SAE connection on the front (for the 2nd solar controller, which I intend to use also) ran into the Giggy box. How does the giggy box get powered by the batteries or will the inverter take care of that?
I'm considering doing the same thing and keeping the batteries in the front compartment as I've done on other trailers (especially if they're big, expensive lithium batteries). If you remove the batteries from the a-frame, I would install positive and negative bus bars inside the compartment, pull the free ends of the now disconnected battery cables from the frame into the compartment and connect them to the bus bars (if the cables are too short to be pulled into the compartment, you can install bus bars on the a-frame and run cables from inside the compartment out to the frame). Connect the compartment batteries to the bus bars and the giggy box and battery disconnect will once again work as they did when the batteries were outside. You can then set up your inverter, fuses/breakers, solar charger, wiring and disconnects inside the compartment.
kwils1 is offline   Reply With Quote