View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 07:26 AM   #1430
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
The clicking is quite distinctly coming from the heater bay itself, under the fridge. I guess my next job is to check whether the tech missed a crimp, or maybe now it's the interior wire nuts loosening.
FWIW, just went through this on a buddies 5er. Turned out he needed a new furnace gas valve. His furnace is very similar to mine and they share many of the same parts. I carry all of the parts necessary to field repair my furnace (after a few experiences of non-functioning furnace while camping).

His was also just clicking but no ignition. After checking all of the other components and tracing current through the system to see if we could find the problem we decided to pull and check the gas valve. Not very scientific, but we put 12v power to the valve to open it and put a small air inflator on the gas inlet to check what kind of flow we were getting. Then we did the same thing to the new one I had with me. Much more flow on the new one. We installed the new one and his has been working just fine ever since.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote