View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 05:13 AM   #42
xrated

An Update: So the 20Kw generator was returned to Westinghouse via a trucking company shipper and I ordered the Westinghouse WGen12000 DFc model. That one arrived yesterday and I unboxed it but left it on the shipping crate.....just in case. So I added oil, hooked up the included battery, and grabbed a 20lb propane tank and hooked it up. It started up on the first attempt and surprisingly, it wasn't as loud as I expected it to be. I'm accustomed to my Yamaha 6300 Inverter generator, which is very quiet, so this one is definitely louder....but it's an open frame and it's 12,000 running watts...so that is to be expected. I didn't buy it for anything other than being able to provide emergency power to the house if/when it is needed. It's not going camping with me, and it's not going to be run in other locations, so the noise level will just have to be what it is, during emergency usage situations. This one also has the low THD of < or = to 5%....which is right in line with most utilities companies that provide power to your house.

I would also like to say, in my case, Westinghouse Co. AND Electric Generators Direct provided me with excellent customer service on this. There is the normal process in place when a company is going to totally refund your money and buy back the generator, but all in all it went very smoothly and I just wanted to mention the good customer service from both of them.

So today, I'll be putting gasoline in the tank and trying that, just to make sure that it also runs on gas....vs. just the propane test yesterday.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is online now   Reply With Quote