Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 07:35 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece379 View Post
Thanks, I will keep it in mind. Going to check the thermocouple today and if it is getting power I will move to the regulator. Just can't seem to make it make sense that it functions fine in the day but at night acts up (temps anywhere from 15-30.)

The intermittent problems you describe could be a number of things but I would be thinking regulator or control board. The way it operates at different temps (propane requirement) sounds like regulator. I've replaced the regulator on my last 2 trailers due to similar issues. Mine were Fairview as yours is I imagine. I replaced with Marshall Excelsior units (2 on a 5th wheel). If you go that route note that they make the MEGR 253 and 253H. The H is a high output (more allowable BTUs):

https://www.marshallexcelsior.com/si...%20Catalog.pdf

Note page 5 for the difference between the regular and the high output. I only use the 253H, makes no difference day to day but does allow a higher output if you need it. Page 11 has the high pressure regulator for the off side. I believe I use the MEGR 130-30. Good luck on resolution.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote