View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 07:59 AM   #15
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew262BH View Post
hello all-
I am trying to determine which system is the best that does not have to have a repeater or extender ( be honest I am a bit overwhelmed by the variety of products out there)

I have a 2021 262bh pulled by a 2021 Silverado 1500

I am actively trying to avoid having to install a repeater (Unless I can get one that is powered by batteries) to monitor

thanks

I think that all TPMS "Repeaters" are similar. A small box with 2 wires that you connect to any 12 v power source. If you have a battery box toward front of the trailer that would be an easy install.

I am in year 4 of the only direct comparison test of two different TPMS systems and so far it appears they both work as advertised and provide no meaningful different information. The only difference other than external vs internal sensors is the length of the warranty. Most are 1 year and at least one is Lifetime.

Don't forget to properly program your system so you get a warning as soon as the pressure drops below what is needed to support the tire load. I have published in my blog my suggestion. ALSO I suggest that everyone test their system at least once a year. Also covered in my blog.