View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #11
24v

Re: Mods On My 2017 177LHS

The porch light has an orange lens, and the light was an incandescent 2056. Basically a dim single filament bulb. It is terrible for anything other than locating the trailer on the stumble back from the bonfire.

I found the same light, but with a clear lens, on etrailer.com for like $6. You can buy the lens only, but it isn't really much cheaper than the whole light. I bought some 1157 sockets from superbrightleds.com for a few bucks. Then I bought a 3 way 12 v switch on ebay. I had some switchback 1157 led bulbs sitting around from another project.

The idea is to put it all together so it will be the original porch light, with a clear lens instead of orange, and mount 2 1157 switchback leds in there with the 3 way switch. The switchbacks are orange on one circuit and white on the other. So I should be able to flip the switch one way for white light, and the other for orange.

Today I removed the 2056 socket, and mounted the dual 1157 sockets. I am waiting for the switch and the clear lens and will post more pics once I get those on there.

24v is offline   Reply With Quote