View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #298
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingwest View Post
It is site #30 in the Modoc COE campground about 25 miles north of August Ga. On Clark Hill Lake some people call it Strong Thurman Lake.
We love to go there before the schools let out for the summer and after they start back in the fall. Not that we don't like kids but we have all year to camp so we just let the families have the spots in the summer.

Jerry
Off topic, but want to comment:

We have been scouting around for good sites to camp and the COEs have some of the best we've found. We have "flat water" kayaks, so the COEs are perfect since they are almost always situated on small lakes, great for paddling and casual fishing, and we like the "outdoorsy" atmosphere. Some have hook-ups and some don't , but if there's a dump station, we can get by for a week with our generator and on board water.

Here in Oregon, we have the same issue with crowded campsites during the summer. Fortunately, we are retired and can go out before and after the summer break crowds. Sometimes you get lucky and can find a spot mid-week during the summer. I suppose we could reserve ahead, but then we never really know when the urge to get away might hit. I guess we need to learn to commit if we want a prime site during the summer.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote