View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 08:12 AM   #12
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiscapk View Post
Wow this is why I love forums. We've had the new camper out twice. once to the local lake 20 miles from home. 2nd one was to our daughters 200 miles from home. on the second trip I noticed the camper battery was at half when we arrived at campsite. After plugging into shore power it charged back up. I wasn't thinking of the new DC fridge running on battery the whole trip there.

The old camper pulled nothing off battery during trips. My first f150 had some wires and fuses in a bag in the glovebox when I bought it which I put in my toolbox. (wasn't towing anything then) The bag sat there for 2.5 years until I had a blowout @ 70 MPH that sent me into the crossover cables and totaled the truck.

When I got the new (current) truck it had a relay and fuse in a bag. Well I put that in the other bag in my toolbox.
I assumed with the factory tow package everything would be correct on the 2013 f150. I was wrong! After reading this post I went out to the fuse box and while the fuse was there the relay wasn't!

Go to the bag and bingo! Instructions and everything else! 2 fuses 2 relays and wiring for a controller!

Thanks guys! We're going to Surfside Beach TX in 5 weeks, The battery would've been smoked running the fridge without a charge from TV. Along with the food we're taking!
Being the original poster, I'm happy to know that this was also helpful to somebody else. Thanks for sharing your results.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote