View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 08:30 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by java2d View Post
Thanks for your responses. Here's how this played out from the beginning. Before I posted my question, a month ago, I installed the backup camera without checking the voltage. When I hooked up shore power (not truck) the camera worked, although on all the time, so I thought I could live with it. However, when I plugged in my truck to travel, no running lights, brake lights, etc. Zero. Took the camera out of the loop, and all worked. Obviously something is wrong.
Let's break this down. The camera requires 12vdc. If it ONLY worked when plugged into shore power then that tells me 2 things. 1, the camera is wired to the battery and if it has a switch it is on. 2, as it only works with shore power connected then the camera is not making the connection to the battery and thhe converter is supplying the 12vdc or the battery is dead. Check the battery disconnect switch to confirm the battery is on (connected).

The truck 7 way plug should have no bearing on this. If the truck trailer connection worked after removing the camera then there's some other explanation for that.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote