View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 06:50 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Looking for information. I have att cell phone with unlimited hot spot. While at the camper it will connect sometime n other time not. I go into tv WiFi settings n some times it will show my hot spot phone as an option n other times will not list it. Any tech guys out there with any suggestions?
Watch your data usage VERY CAREFULLY !!!!!! ATT and Verizon both have a "data cap" on nearly all their plans. Ours is a 15gig cap on "data download" and unlimited data on "phone use"...

What that means in "camping terms" is that you can watch netflix or any "service movies" on the phone with no affect on your "data download limits".
On our plan, we can cast to a TV (watch the phone screen on the TV using bluetooth) with no "download penalty"... On the other hand, if we use the phone as a hot spot and connect a smart TV or connect a notebook or tablet to the phone (when it's in hot spot mode) and then cast that to the TV, it does count against your 15gig cap and after a couple movies, your phone plan goes to "throttle mode" and, you might not be able to check email tomorrow morning....

That said, some plans don't have that that limitation, so yours may or may not, but definitely worth checking out before you realize you can't log onto AOL to check email because the pages won't load on your "throttled connection"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote