Thread: Inverter Prep?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 03:36 PM   #25
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michmark View Post
I plan on running the cables from the batteries right to the inverter but I also thought the 'Giggy box' had to be powered from the batteries also. My question was more with my setup (having the inverter and batteries in the front compartment, is there any other way to run a set of cables from the batteries to the Giggy box other than drilling through?

I would think with lithium batteries becoming more common, manufacturers would run some kind of conduit from the front of the trailer into the front compartment rather than making people drill through their brand new trailer to complete this setup.
Leave the trailer leads alone. If you have 2 batteries use the opposite posts for the inverter. The “giggy box” is simply a high tech junction box. EVERY trailer has that junction be it a metal box or the giggy box.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote