View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 08:31 PM   #42
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Danny,

I agree with your post... That said, I still have not been able to nail down Keystone as to which WFCO converter they install with each "SolarFlex system"...

What I mean by that is this:

The SolarFlex 200 is "configured for lead acid batteries" and the factory does not install any batteries. It's up to the dealership to install what they carry. Some of us get a single Gp 24 hybrid. Some get two Gp 27's and others might even get a "remanufactured no name battery".... It's my understanding (and Keystone won't confirm or deny) that all SolarFlex 200 systems are equipped with a WFCO "lead acid only" converter/charger.

Then, moving to the SolarFlex 400i, there are still NO batteries from the factory as standard equipment, but you can order it with either 1 or 2 Dragonfly batteries. Also, you can upgrade that system if you special order it, with additional rooftop panels, a second inverter and a "inverter friendly air conditioner"... That said, Keystone has not confirmed whether "ALL" of the 400i systems ship with a Li compatible converter/charger or if only those that have the special order Li batteries as part of the order come equipped with the correct charger. And, if not ordered with Li batteries, it's going to be equipped with what the dealer puts in all their other trailers (probably a single Gp 24)...

Then there's the 600i system that does come with a 270 AH Dragonfly battery, but the cost of that system makes it restrictive for all but the most expensive Keystone trailers... I don't know of very many "Keystone entry level or mid level buyers" that would be willing to up the price by roughly $12,000 for the 600i system.... As far as I know, since the Li battery is standard with the package, I'd suspect that the converter/charger is properly equipped to charge the battery the factory installs....

That said, if the dealership is installing batteries, I'd suspect that Keystone would not spend the extra money for a Li specific charger knowing that most people wouldn't install Li batteries "at the dealership" but would just learn from their mistakes, that a single Gp 24 "provided by the dealer" simply is not enough battery for their trailer.....

All that said, looking at the SolarFlex 400i battery option, it states, "Factory installation & system prep"... I wonder if the "system prep" is the changeout of the converter/charger to one that supports Li charging ??????
$12,000 for only 600 watts of solar panels? Man, they sure know how to take people for a ride.
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote