View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #1569
jsb5717

More Shelves

In our new 305RL (and I'm sure many other models) they provide pretty decent storage space but the space between shelves is huge. To us that just leaves a lot of wasted space.

I've added a couple of new shelves to subdivide the space and may add more. I tried to make them look as close to OEM as possible. I'll number them here with numbered pics below.

1. The little cupboard beside the oven. This is a narrow, tall space. I'm not sure what others store in there but I've added a shelf in the middle to accommodate my wife's storage needs. I've also installed a couple battery powered, motion sensitive LED lights for these spaces.

2 & 3. Pantry. Again, pretty shallow space but enough to store a lot of food. Pretty tall between shelves, though. I've added one shelf, which may be all we need. I may add more if the wife thinks she needs it.

4. Above Pantry. The space above the top shelf in the pantry is pretty tall.
The panel above the pantry covers all of the extra head room. I've already ordered an OEM door and hardware that will match the others and will perfectly cover that space. I plan to remove the panel and insert a shelf that will provide yet another storage space. I'll post pics when it's done
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet1a.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	21363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry1a.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	21364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry2a.jpg
Views:	184