Thread: Bearings/brakes
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 11:30 AM   #44
Marineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
First, You're putting words in my mouth. I'd ask you to find anywhere in this forum (go back 10 years if you wish) and find ANY post where I recommend repacking bearings every year or every 12,000 miles.

Second, I've stated that I check mine "every other year" (time based) which, the way I tow my trailer is "around every 10-15K miles.... But I use the TIME BASED not mileage based time frame.

We've done this twice now, once with antifreeze vs compressed air and now this.... It's one thing to have a differing opinion, something else to "tell everyone that your way is the only way".... We did this same thing with the antifreeze vs compressed air. If I recall correctly, there was NEVER a statement from Cruise America concerning whether they would write a check for any damage from "doing it their way".....

I always recommend that anyone "err on the side of caution" not "on the side of hold my beer and watch this"....
And the anti-freeze vs compressed air was exactly what your post needed.

Erring on the side of caution can become the slippery slope of fear. And fear causes people to worry and do things that are not necessary.
Marineman is offline   Reply With Quote