Thread: Tpms?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 02:24 PM   #52
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Brent when they stopped flashing was it because they had all started picking up the tire pressures or because the display just went out? Also, did you install a repeater? When I bought the color monitor they said it needed the repeater because of the sensitivity of the monitor. I tried connecting it without the repeater (last one - non color - worked without it and I was being lazy). All it did was flash the tire positions but never connected to them to show a pressure. Installed the repeater and no more issues....except the sun and I've ordered the sunshade as well. The lady at TST that I talked to said she didn't have a problem with seeing it but they mounted it on the "driver door window" of their motorhome and it was in out of the sun or something. That wouldn't work for me.
I installed the repeater in the 5th's storage bay. At first I stuck the velcro on the interior of the forward wall. But, the wall has a fuzzy covering and didn't stick very well. I ended up sticking it on a horizontal 2 X 2 steel beam. I was concerned about it having to transmit around the beam but TST said no issue. I didn't notice when the tire locations quit flashing. It was pouring rain like I hadn't seen in a long time.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote