View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 06:42 AM   #60
MarkEHansen

I will embed my answers in your post, below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wborisenok View Post
TT's been home for 12 hours and I've already got a couple of potentially dumb questions.

When I plug into my 30A outlet at home, do I only have to turn the fridge off if I don't want it running?

It is really a 30A outlet? If it's a typical household outlet, like the type you would plug your lamp or vacuum cleaner into, then it's likely a 15A outlet.

Your fridge is probably set to run on Auto and only when you turn it on. When turned on with Auto, it will run using shore power (120v) when available and propane otherwise.

In the same scenario, if I only want running water and electricity for lights/outlets, what else do I have to turn on? I don't necessarily need hot water, so can I leave the hot water heater off and only turn on the pump?

You can turn on the water heater if you want, or not - it's up to you. You can use the water pump to provide water pressure, or you can connect a garden hose to your city water connection - also up to you. Don't leave any water pressure on (either water pump or city water connection) when you're not at the trailer, as a leak can flood the trailer interior.

I'm just going to use the water to do the initial cleaning of the RV -- after this, I'll only have to drain the gray tank?

You only need to drain the gray tank when it needs dumping. When I run water in the trailer to do simple tasks, like clean while the trailer is in storage - I don't run enough water to worry about dumping the gray tank.

When I unplug, will all of my appliances reset each time so I'll need to set the clocks over ad over?

Those that run on 120V, like the microwave? Yes. If you disconnect your shore power cable, the trailer looses it's 120v power source. However, things like the entertainment center radio should be operating on the 12v DC power system so they should be okay until you remove the coach battery (or turn off the battery disconnect)

And finally, how the heck do I get my camper truly level? I had no issue getting it level front to back, but even with my set of QuickLevel RVs, it was still lower on one side. Do I have to use these in tandem with something else to get it level at home?
If the blocks you're using to raise one side of the trailer are not enough to level it from side to side, then you need more. It sounds like your site is really unlevel. You'll just have to add blocks until the trailer is level side to side.