View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:44 PM   #58
wborisenok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Congrats on getting the trailer and the uneventful trip home!! The good time are waiting.

A couple of things; although the trip home was great there WILL be that time when the trailer whips due to some force. The key is to never get complacent while towing and always be vigilant - watch what's coming at you from front or back as well as weather etc.

Secondly, I've only used the "add on" mirrors one time for towing an RV and I hated them; you just couldn't see what you needed to see. Looks like you have factory non towing mirrors. I've towed with those and the difference between them and actual towing mirrors are night and day. I don't know what options you have but having that additional view from the larger mirrors is worth its weight in gold. Hope you can find some that work well; that shaking and buzzing in the addons drove me nuts. Good luck and have fun.
Absolutely will remain vigilant! In the EMS world, we call this keeping a "high index of suspicion" -- maintaining awareness and concern for potentially serious underlying issues.

I wonder if I could pick up a set of OEM towing mirrors...I actually have a hundred bucks to use on the Chevy website from when I bought my truck in February. Going to look into this!
wborisenok is offline   Reply With Quote