View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 07:41 PM   #44
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by John3Dtraveler View Post
Somebody special ordered an F350 and then backed out.
I just bought it. No worries about towing now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John3Dtraveler View Post
Hookd, your reply was a breath of fresh air, thanks.
I looked up the part number on the airbags that I had ordered and it does not match the part number for my new truck. I'm going to talk to them tomorrow morning and see what we can do. I do intend to add the airbags.
How do you add pictures to these post? I was trying to add a picture in another post I had about a waste water tank release valve and it kept asking me for a URL for the location of the picture.
Not sure what that's all about.
Well I have never been in need of adding air bags to my TV, even when towing with our 2001 Ram Laramie 2500 which when we changed to our current TV was 1,700# over it's GVWR of 8,800#. While we were still under the rear axle rating, and it towed fine. I was like Flyboy, wasn't worried about the ablity to pull or handle, just what would happen if in an accident, my falt or not!
I have stated many times that a 5er's best attribute is also it's worst feature, that is it's natural stability. As this is your first RV and possibility your first time pulling a trailer you might not have anything to compare to, so likely to be a pleasant experience. Our 5er has a 2,700# pin and I was concerned that with me, DW and smaller dog 30# and stuff we carrying in the in bed tool box that a Ram 3500 SRW at 12,300# GVWR and about 4,200# payload we would be close on weight.

Here are the two different TV's with the same 5er.

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote