View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #33
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
No worries. I haven’t gotten a 5er. I was not thinking about getting one until the winter so I would have one for next season and not pay top dollar.
As for should I get a 5th wheel or not, it doesn’t seem to be something I would want to get right away. The most sensible decision would be get a travel trailer toy hauler. Work my way up with some experience and then get the 5er and the right truck to pull her.
I’m not a social media kind of guy. I really thought every forum would be like my Tremor Forum. Oh well. Laugh and belittle the next dude that asked the question. It’s all good.
Thanks for your insight. Life is what we make of it and who we share it with.

Ironman please don't think that I, or anyone else, was "belittling" or laughing at you. You posed a question that sent red flags up all around with the weights you were proposing to throw on that Tremor. Overweighing the truck that much would be dangerous to you and everyone else so there were some quick, direct responses. Sorry if you misinterpreted any of them that way.

As you mentioned, you are just looking into RVs and your last post sounds like you are reevaluating, which is good. As far as this vs the Tremor forum I suspect this one is going to be a bit different. RVing is not like owning a truck like the next guy on a forum; much more complicated IMO, many more things to consider, many more dangerous things to fail etc. We don't talk about which running boards to add, what's the biggest tire to put on to make the truck look "bad" etc. Topics are much more varied with new folks and others at all levels of experience - which is a good thing to me.

Stick around, ask questions (and yes, if they're weight related or problematic there will be responses) and share your thoughts and experiences. Some of us are sort of a cross between "grumpy old men" and "crusty codgers" but we do have your best interests in mind when it comes to RVing.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote