View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 06:10 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by C26rbs19 View Post
Thank you for your reply and I agree whole hearty. I see enough neighborhood links were people complain about everything so that's why I asked. is there some of that in here probably and I apologize sometimes its just hard to separate the 2.

But here is the lesson that hope helps others.

I guess there was a misunderstanding on my part. "spot seal" is just what it says it is and because of that I ask several times if they where going to reseal ALL the vents and I was assured that they were (that is what I wanted beause I have had roof leakage before and id be on the road for 2 months).

I was unable to get an actual quote/estamate so my advice to other campers (since there are so many new campers) please make sure that you have a you and the service provider (not just CW) have a complete understanding of the scope of the work and a complete understanding of each other
That is a "legitimate" issue and thanks for bringing it up. Many people "speak an entirely different language" than service people in almost every occupation from appliance repair to zebra breeding... It's no surprise that the RV industry is also "prone to mis-interpretations" when discussing repair projects. Possibly, reverting to "basic language" and explaining the desired outcome in terms like, "I want every inch of the roof around everything that's on it resealed" or "Put new sealant around everything on the roof."

Otherwise, you'll probably get a "roof inspection with new sealant where the technician thought there could be damaged or loose sealant".... One uses 8-10 tubes of sealant, the other "up to one tube"... It's all in the "language understood between the customer and the person doing the work with 3 or 4 "interpretors" (service writer, service scheduler and shop foreman) thrown in the middle....

I'm not trying to "excuse CW's process" but it happens everywhere. Last time I took my truck in for an oil change, I mentioned that I wanted the transfer case oil checked. When I got the truck back, I was told that it wasn't due to be checked for another 25,000 miles..... So like you, a different language spoken and a different outcome than desired.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote