View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 06:27 AM   #40
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael In Oregon View Post
I had my truck built, then ordered. Funny thing is, I originally built a 3500. I slept on it and did my due diligence and the last thing I read was from Keystone and that all Montana's are 3/4 T towable. I did not what to gamble and lose comfort for everyday driving (suspension) and have the wife uncomfortable!
Believing the Keystone advertising unfortunately is not doing the due diligence. This disclaimer is on the Keystone website....

*Throughout the year, Keystone RV may modify model features, floor plans, and specifications. Website data typically reflects the most recent production run, however, any or all of these items are subject to change without notice. Please check with your dealer to for the details specific to the unit you are purchasing. You should also read all labels that are on each trailer for information concerning the safe operation of the unit and its components, actual weight(s), cargo carrying capacity, and tire information. MAKE SURE YOUR TOW VEHICLE IS COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR KEYSTONE RV. Owners of Keystone recreational vehicles are solely responsible for the selection and proper use of tow vehicles. For more information about the safe operation and use of various systems, Keystone service warranties and how to obtain service, extended use, towing, and maintenance, click here to review the Keystone Owner’s Manual. Component and appliance manuals can be found in the trailer.

The section I bolded is important. Keystone will say they are all 3/4 ton towable but WHICH 3/4 ton? It will be ONEodel, likely a 2 door, 2 wd, gasser that is a "bare bones" work truck with no options. The truck manufacturers do the same thing in their advertising with their "max towing number" which is likely the same stripped down truck PULLING a flatbed trailer with a low center of gravity load with very little tongue or pin weight. In both cases the numbers are unfortunately nowhere near real world numbers or in the case of the truck in any way relevant to hualing a camper.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote