View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 05:32 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
I thought mine was bad. Outside, but covered with blacktop ground for $140 p month. Gated storage w 24 hr access. No water, but we have electric. Maybe my deal is better than I thought.
It's all about property values, taxes, etc. Around here owning a piece of property doesn't mean it can't be taken away (condemned and seized) or rezoned and restricted. I've seen instances where property was rezoned and the owners forced to remove a mobile home or RV that was their residence. Sometimes it's "grandfathered" but not always.

I recall when I was young how the state decided they wanted to make a park out of some shoreline (Gunpowder Falls State Park Hammerman Area) and they bought up the properties and those that didn't sell out were given the "assessed tax value", the house condemned and the residents forcibly removed. If you don't have the money to build a house then it can be difficult financially to hire a law firm to fight it. With the "eminent domain" that most governing bodies have it can be very difficult to fight it.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote